Here is this week’s top Nintendo news items from us here at On Request Magazine!
1) Two of Nintendo’s most intellectual characters are coming together for the first time when archeologist Professor Layton teams up with bumbling defense attorney Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for a grand adventure in the Nintendo 3DS game Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. They team up to tackle a mystery too big for either of them to handle alone, and combines the puzzle adventure aspect of Professor Layton with the courtroom drama aspect of Phoenix Wright. The game launched on August 29th, 2014 for the Nintendo 3DS.
2) New lineup for Nintendo 2014 holiday season has been announced. Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS will launch on October 3rd, with the Wii U version set to follow in the holiday season. Fans who register for both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of the game with Club Nintendo will receive the Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS & Wii U: Premium Sound Selection. It was also announced that Shulk from the Xenoblade Chronicles franchise would be a playable character in both games. Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire for Nintendo 3DS will hit stores and the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS on November 21st, 2014. Bayonetta 2 will hit stores on October 24th, 2014, and starting mid-September, the new Super Mario 3D Wii U Deluxe Set will include the Wii U console, and physical Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land games at a retail price of $299.99. Also in September, a Walmart exclusive Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Set will be released for the same price, and will include Mario Kart 8, the console, and Nintendo Land games. Finally, in October, three new Nintendo 2DS Bundles will hit stores, with bundles including Electric Blue, Crimson Red or Sea Green Nintendo 2DS systems along with a code to download Mario Kart 7 from the Nintendo eShop. They will be available for $129.99 each.
Here is the latest news from Nintendo, on behalf of On Request Magazine.
1) Nintendo is bringing some of its best video games from the year, including Super Smash Bros for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, for playable demos at PAX Prime convention in Seattle, WA. From August 29th-September 1st at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Nintendo will have the Super Smash Bros for a #SmashBash to showcase the first time the series will go portable. Other games include an event for Hyrule Warriors, located at the Renaissance Seattle Hotel after the PAX floors close on Saturday, and anyone cosplaying as a character from The Legend of Zelda will be immediately fast tracked past the general public into the event. There will also be other cool games and events at the Nintendo booth, including a dedicated Pokemon area where fans can meet other Pokemon trainers to battle and trade with. Other games include Bayonetta 2, Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, Pokemon Art Academy and more!
2) Speaking of Pokemon Art Academy, the game is set to premiere on October 24th of this year, and will allow fans of the series to and students of all ages to learn to draw their favorite Pokemon under the tutelage of the well regarded Professor Andy in this new 2D art-instruction game for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. It will be available in stores and in the Nintendo eShop. As players advance through the game/course, they will unlock the chance to learn to draw Mega-Evolved Pokemon. Players will be able to showcase their art in the Miiverse galleries or save it onto an SD card and print the limited edition artwork.
3) Two massive Mario Kart 8 DLC Packs are set to add 16 new course, plus new drivers and Karts as well. The packs are set to launch this fall and the spring of 2015, and starting August 27th each game is available for preorder for either $7.99 each or $11.99 for both. The packs look to make history as the first time characters from The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing will become playable drivers in the game. These include Link, Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Villager, Isabelle, and Dry Bowser. On top of these packs, the already announced free DLC Mercedes-Benz cars are already available for download to players, and include three custom designed Mercedes-Benz cars.
1. Nintendo has added three Mercedes-Benz Cars and updated Mario Kart 8. Starting August 27th, the game update for the Wii U console will deliver a large array of new features for players, including the ability in-game to download three free Mercedes-Benz cars that players can race, including: the modern Mercedes-Benz GLA, the 300 SL Roadster from the 1950’s and the legendary Silver Arrow of the 1930s. The GLA model comes with special wheel options, and players can customize all three new karts with various wheels and gliders in the game. The update comes on the 22nd anniversary of the launch of the original Mario Kart game, Super Mario Kart, which launched in Japan on August 27th, 1992. Also to celebrate the anniversary, the original game will be available for $7.99 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
2. Between August 27th and September 23rd, Nintendo and Mercedes-Benz will also host an online worldwide “Mercedes Cup” tournament. All of the competitors will require a Wii U console, the Mario Kart 8 game, a broadband internet connection and the Mercedes-Benz karts.
3. Be on the lookout for new updates from Nintendo as the annual Gamestop Expo 2014 arrives in Anaheim, CA.