1) Tell us a little bit about yourself. How did you get into writing?
I’ve always loved writing, but it wasn’t until my late twenties that I made it a priority. I started by joining a few online writing groups and connecting with other writers, but then just bit the bullet and started!
2) What inspired you to write your book?
It was an idea that had niggled at me for awhile. There is always so much going on in the world and I wondered what would happen if the Fates (or some other entity) decided to get rid of us. An extinction by the powers that be.
3) What theme or message do you hope readers will take away from your book?
That it’s never too late to make a difference.
4) What drew you into this particular genre?
With this particular book, it’s a combination of mythology/horror/fantasy. I’ve always had a huge love of ancient history and mythology, so it came naturally to me. To be honest, it’s the same with horror! They’re genres that I just feel at home with.
5) If you could sit down with any character in your book, what would you ask them and why?
I think I would have a long sit down with Zeus – but I can’t reveal what we’d discuss without giving anything away!
6) What social media site has been the most helpful in developing your readership?
Hmm…that’s a tricky question. I’ve utilised Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and they’re all fairly on par.
7) What advice would you give to aspiring or just starting authors out there?
Dive in feet first and go for it. Write, write, and write some more. Build connections with other writers and invest in an amazing editor.
8) What does the future hold in store for you? Any new books/projects on the horizon?
Hopefully a successful writing career! I’m presently querying a YA horror titled LeRoux Manor, and I’ve almost finished my next novel, an adult paranormal/crime titled Never, Never. After that I’m starting a paranormal serial titled Luna Zimmer…and much more!
About the Author
Liz Butcher resides in Australia, with her husband, daughter, and their two cats. She’s a self-confessed nerd with a BA in psychology and an insatiable fascination for learning. When she’s not writing or spending time with her family, Liz enjoys road trips, astronomy, music and knitting.
Want to keep up to date on the latest book reviews on author Anthony Avina’s website, as well as other book related news? Sign up now for the monthly newsletter and receive a free short story when you subscribe!