Just so you guys can prepare yourselves, here are the official registration times:
Wednesday June 25th: 12pm- 8pm
Thursday June 26th: 7am-7pm
Friday June 27th: 8am-7pm
Saturday June 28th: 8am-6pm
**Remember!! Registration is in a different hall now!
Community Attendees check in:
Hall E, Lower Level
Industry Attendees check in:
Center Lobby by Hall B
The VidCon app will be released on Tuesday, June 24th so make sure to check your inboxes for it then along with your ticket being resent to you!
With E3 2014 having come and gone, a lot of video game news has hit the world. Trailers, gameplay, and so much more was showcased at the biggest gaming convention in the world, and Nintendo showed the world some pretty amazing new features. Here is our look at the latest news in the Nintendo world!
1) PAC-Man has joined the all-star roster of characters for the ever popular franchise Super-Smash Bros. He will be featured on the latest installment of the franchise along with Mario, Donkey Kong, Mega Man, Sonic the Hedgehog, and more on the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS consoles. The game will launch October 3rd for 3DS and later in the 2014 holiday season for the Wii U.
2) Nintendo has reinvented the way gaming works with their new lineup of games and technology. Interactive figures called “amiibo” are scheduled to arrive later this year, and will be able to be used on multiple Nintendo games, bringing Nintendo’s unique touch to the toys-to-life category. Mario Maker, a new Nintendo game, will allow players to create levels for Mario games, either in the original 8-bit format or the new designs, using the Wii U Gamepad. The game will launch in 2015.
Also, a new Star Fox game is on the way, and using the Wii U Gamepad, players will be able to see through the view of the inside of Fox McCloud’s cockpit, while you see the game from behind the Arwing on your televisions. This game is also scheduled for 2015. Nintendo is also designing an adapter that will allow up to four original Gamecube or WaveBird controllers to work with the Wii U, for those who grew up playing Super Smash Bros. Melee. The adapter will be available for $19.99 at launch.
3) Splatoon was announced at E3 2014. The game is a four-on-four multiplayer experience that pits two teams against each other in an effort to claim a battle arena as their own. Each team uses ink to splash the walls and floors of the arena with their own color while trying to blot out the opposing teams. The ink allows players to turn into squid-like creatures and swim through their team’s ink anywhere in the arena. Splatoon will be available in the first half of 2015.
4) Popular franchises are returning as well, as well as beloved characters. Games such as Super Smash Bros., Yoshi’s Woolly World, in which Yoshi finds himself in a world of yarn, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Sonic Boom, and the highly anticipated Hyrule Warriors, in which the world of The Legend of Zelda blends with the style of Dynasty Warriors, giving players the chance to control Princess Zelda or Link, are but a few of the games showcased this year at E3 2014.
5) Wii Sports Club for Wii U will be in store July 25th, 2014. The game will retail at $39.99, and will allow players on the Wii U to play Golf, Baseball, Boxing, Tennis, and Bowling, and will be enhanced with online multiplayer and optimization for Wii U GamePad controllers.
6) A new Wii U System Update will add GamePad Quick Start features to the system. The update will also include an improved user setting and selection experience, the update can be downloaded in standby mode now, full-screen alerts can be viewed even while in standby mode, there will be an easier Nintendo Network ID setup for new users, and notifications can be accessed from the Home menu as well as the Wii U Menu.
That’s our news roundup. Be sure to stay tuned to On Request Magazine for all the latest news from Nintendo and the gaming world!