1. Lex Luthor and Alfred cast: This week it came to light that Warner Bros. cast Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor in the much anticipated Man of Steel Sequel. Controversy struck at the news that this young actor would be playing the role of Superman’s most iconic villain, and many fans are worried about the future of DC films. While many cannot see the young actor playing a powerful and intelligent billionaire villain, we here at On Request Magazine are holding onto hope that Zack Snyder and Warner Bros. know what they are doing, and hope to see images, behind the scenes, or video of the actor soon. The film also cast legendary actor Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce Wayne’s butler/companion. The film also stars Henry Cavil as Superman, Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Gal Godot as Wonder Woman, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White, and Diane Lane as Martha Kent.
2. Shows to review: Arrow, Supernatural, New Girl, Justified, American Horror Story Coven, House of Lies:
A) Arrow showcased it’s wonderful storytelling ability while mixing in action and adventure as Oliver tried to train Roy into honing his anger and new abilities into something good rather than evil. In the end, one major character found out Oliver’s secret, while another spiraled way out of control.
B) Supernatural found the brothers Sam and Dean’s relationship slowly dwindling away as Sam still held onto the anger he felt at Dean manipulating him into letting the angel Gadriel possessing him. Sam and Dean worked a case, but afterwards Sam said he’d only work with Dean if they stopped being brothers, and instead focused on hunting. Dean meanwhile was given the mark of Cain, as in the biblical Cain, who was made into the first demon by Lucifer. The mark will allow Dean to wield a weapon that can kill ancient demons such as Abbadon.
C) New Girl saw the romance between Nick and Jess blossom even further, with assistance from Prince and Adam Brody. Prince helped Jess get over her fear of revealing how much she loves Nick, while Adam Brody, who played Jess’s ex who still loved her while remaining friends, helped Nick admit the real reason he broke up with his ex Caroline, which was because he fell in love with Jess the moment they met.
D) Justified saw Raylan hunting down an informant that was giving the law false information about Boyd Crowder’s illegal activities. The informant was killed by Dewey Crowe after his cousin, the leader of the Crowe family, played by Michael Rappaport, gave him orders to. The crime in Harlan County is brewing, and a war between Boyd and the Crowe family is imminent.
E) American Horror Story Coven wrapped up its season by revealing the next supreme. After a series of grueling tests that saw three of the witches die, (and one come back), it was revealed that Cordelia, Fiona’s blind daughter, was the next Supreme, and took the reigns of the coven and went on national tv to reveal the nature of witches so that more girls would come forward and get the help they needed. The on screen chemistry between Sarah Paulson and Jessica Lange this season was phenomenal, and we cannot wait for the next season to begin.
F) House of Lies has returned as a powerhouse dramedy for Showtime, and in it’s third season, Don Cheadle’s Marty Kaan is no longer the top dog, but rather tied with the strong, female leader of Jeannie, played by Kristen Bell. Bell’s character has grown in this third season, and has showcased she can be just as ruthless and power hungry as Marty.
3. Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 2 releases March 25th: The game will put you into the role of Elizabeth, giving you full control of the powerful woman as you stealthy navigate through the underwater city of Rapture to save a young girl.
4. Band spotlight: The Rare: This hard rock band located in the high desert of Southern California is a real treasure, showcasing the passion and intensity of rock and roll, as well as the amazing story that a song can tell. Look for these up and comers to make an impact on the music scene in 2014.
5. RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman: A tragic end to one of the greatest actors of our time, Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead in his apartment last Sunday. While the official cause of death is unknown, bags of heroin and needles were found on his person and in the apartment, and arrests of drug dealers are being made in connection with his death. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends, loved ones, and the community at large.