1) Tell us a little bit about yourself. How did you get into writing?
– I got into writing because of my fascination with the stories woven by the many animes and fantasy stories I’ve seen throughout my life. That with the added bonus that people said I had a bit of a talent for writing kind of collimated into me trying to throw my hat into the ring. The only thing I will say about my life is that it can all be summed up in one word, and that word is persistence.
2) What inspired you to write your book?
– I sight two light novels and one anime that jump started this little story of mine. The two light novels were The Rising of the Shield Hero and Overlord and the anime that was a major help to me was Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. But the funny thing is that I had six chapters already written before I even watched Fullmetal Alchemist.
3) What theme or message do you hope readers will take away from your book?
– I have two themes that I want my readers to really take from my book, the first thing is that family is what you make it. The other one was that fate can never bind it, but I’ll put more emphasis on that theme in later books.
4) What drew you into this particular genre?
– I have a unique love for both horror and isekai (trapped in another world) fantasy stories.
5) If you could sit down with any character in your book, what would you ask them and why?
– I would sit alongside Malcom and ask him how it felt getting his head cut off. I would ask because I always wanted the power to detach and reattach body parts at a whim.
6) What social media site has been the most helpful in developing your readership?
– I’m going to be honest, I’ve tried a good many writer sites and have found little to no success when it comes to readership.
7) What advice would you give to aspiring or just starting authors out there?
– Find the best editor your money can buy, trust me it goes a long way with helping your book.
8) What does the future hold in store for you? Any new books/projects on the horizon?
– I don’t know what the future may hold. I’ll be honest, it doesn’t look too hopeful but I won’t let that deter me. I will make sure that later in life that more books will be released. And hopefully an anime will come out as well.
About the Author
The Raven’s Doctor likens himself to a weaver; his computer is the loom, and the words are the threads. Every day, without exception, the Doctor weaves his tale throughout. Additionally, he will examine his work closely to make sure there are no visible nicks or crevices. He aims to make the reader feel as though they are a fly on the wall witnessing the action take place in real time. What more could The Raven’s Doctor want for? He will also weave his book such that it may continue beyond his death for future generations.