1) Tell us a little bit about yourself. How did you get into writing?
While on a palace contract in Brunei for the Sultan, I started an online writing course. At first, all went well with both my tutor and I pleased with how things were going. However, when my tutor was changed, nothing was the same. In one lesson, I had to write the basis of some true-life stories. This I did, but my tutor did not believe they were true. As a result, I stopped the course.
2) What inspired you to write your book?
After I retired from working for fourteen years on mainly high-class projects spread over three continents, I wrote Follow in the Tigerman’s Footsteps, a memoir of this time. It shows that there is more to life than a boring 9-5 job.
3) What theme or message do you hope readers will take away from your book?
By thinking positive when things get tough, it is possible to get back in the driving seat of life.
4) What drew you into this particular genre?
I write in several genres, both fiction and non-fiction. As well as memoirs, I write thrillers and romance stories.
5) If you could sit down with any character in your book, what would you ask them and why?
I would ask Jeff Stone, the main character in two of my thrillers, For the Greater Good and Desperation Rules the Day, how he manages to survive in dangerous situations. It would help give me a better understanding about the characters I write about.
6) What social media site has been the most helpful in developing your readership?
I guess that would be Facebook. I use this for posting about my writing and replying to others in the various groups I belong to.
7) What advice would you give to aspiring or just starting authors out there?
Never give up. If you find yourself stuck while writing a story, take a break. Go out and take a walk if you are able, or pick up a book and read. Later, when you feel more relaxed, return to your writing.
8) What does the future hold in store for you? Any new books/projects on the horizon?
I am presently completing It Happened in Barcelona, another romantic novel, as well as working on Accidental Death, a short thriller. I am also part way writing a film script based on A Dangerous Love Affair, another of my published romantic novels.
About the Author
Colin Guest is an author with eleven books published in various genres. His latest book, An Unforgettable Cruise is a romantic novel. He has also written two film scripts based on his thrillers, For the Greater Good, and Desperation Rules the Day. Colin lives in Istanbul, Turkey with his wife Gulden and their cat Bella.
Check out, https://colinguestauthor.com