1) Tell us a little bit about yourself. How did you get into writing?
- A) I am currently active duty in the Air Force. I have worked for the military 15 years. I am also a cartoonist and a comedian. I discovered many of my jokes work better in literature than they do in cartoons or on stage. In addition, I am a fan of thriller novels, which inspired many ideas in my own stories.
2) What inspired you to write your book?
- A) The work of other action/sci-fi authors and films based on such books inspired my novel.
3) What theme or message do you hope readers will take away from your book?
- A) My book has several messages I hope to give readers. If I were to choose just one, it would be: “Life with a bad attitude is far too difficult.”
4) What drew you into this particular genre?
- A) Several things drew me to action/sci-fi, especially James Cameron films.
5) If you could sit down with any character in your book, what would you ask them and why?
- A) I would ask Sonya McCall what she would do if she were the first female president because she is very ethical and tough.
6) What social media site has been the most helpful in developing your readership?
- A) Facebook.
7) What advice would you give to aspiring or just starting authors out there?
- A) Make your characters people you would admire and give them strong motives for everything they do.
8) What does the future hold in store for you? Any new books/projects on the horizon?
- A)Realm Journeyis my first book and is like a cross between Lord of the Rings and Treasure Island. I finished it in 2009, but never tried to get it published. Now that I’ve seen some success with my second novel, Chrome Mountain, I am rewriting Realm Journey with the intend to have it published. Someday, I would like to write a sequel to Chrome Mountain as well as create and publish my 3rd Airman Artless cartoon book.
About the Author
BIO: Ben Schneider was born in Oklahoma. In 2003, he earned a B.A. in Graphic Design at Oklahoma University, married his fiancée, and joined the Air Force. Ben and his wife, Suzy, have been stationed in Italy, Okinawa, and Alaska. Aside from writing fiction, Ben’s other interests include drawing cartoons—mainly his Airman Artless comic strips. Chrome Mountain is his debut novel.
To order Chrome Mountain on Kindle or paperback, go here:
To see 30+ reviews on Chrome Mountain, go here:
Chrome Mountain is also available at the following sites:
To message Ben Schneider or see more of his work, go here: