1) Tell us a little bit about yourself. How did you get into writing?
This is a story about my life. Initially, it was not my plan to write and publish this book. I simply began journaling to aid in my healing and recovery process and upon doing so; it occurred to me the potential benefits of sharing my story with others.
2) What inspired you to write your book?
I wanted to bring awareness to the taboo subject of child-to-parent abuse and possibly making a difference and offering hope to fellow survivors and others.
3) What theme or message do you hope readers will take away from your book?
I have two important messages: (1) It is never too late to make changes in your life; and (2) Unconditional love is not always possible if one’s safety and well-being are at risk.
4) What social media site has been the most helpful in developing your readership?
Popular book review sites such as this one, have been very positive and helpful in providing exposure to my book.
5) What advice would you give to aspiring or just starting authors out there?
Do not give up on your dream of writing. For some it take 6 months and for others it takes 6 years. Either way, once you have completed and published your book, it is an extremely satisfying experience.
6) What does the future hold in store for you? Any new books/projects on the horizon?
I am actually thinking of writing some children’s books- quite the opposite from this book! I am looking forward to continuing with my publishing career and writing under my own name.