– I got into writing in high school, but I wasn’t any good at it back then. Recently, I wanted to take more control and agency in my life, as well as write down some cool story ideas I had. In 2017 while at work, I work in a car dealership call center, I decided to just start writing hoping that it would expand into a novel.
– Both Dagger and Scythe, as well as Era of Undying sort of came about the same way. I had this idea in mind and wanted to run with it. I’m not sure where the inspiration came specifically but I wanted to know what would happen to a character if her blood could move outside of her body, hence Era of Undying. And for Dagger and Scythe I had those two in my head also since high school. They were like a combination of Mr. and Mrs. Smith with Gomes and Morticia Addams.
– I love the in depth characters in dark fantasy and grimdark stories. They are so dynamic and three dimensional. Also the landscapes can be just as amazing, and dark.
– If I could sit down with anyone in “Dagger and Scythe” that would be the character Nyx. She’s the goddess of death in their world, and is actually a bit lonely. I’d love to talk to her about her family and the pantheon she created.
– Facebook and Twitter are the most helpful, but I’m also on Goodreads and Instagram.
– Take your time, and work at your own pace. So many writers starting off want to be the next best thing right away, and so did I, but it’s best to slow down, and really plan everything. Also in regards to writing itself, create a daily habit for yourself. That will always be more powerful than waiting on inspiration.
I have always loved stories. They explore weird new ideas, and bring people together. After years of reading fantasy and horror I wanted to combine them together into my own dark fantasy. And given the BA in Classical Civilizations and fascination in Ancient Greek mythology I blended it well into my stories too. Other then reading in my spare time I love to play video games quite often.
Anthony Avina, (Born March 1990), is an author, a journalist, and a blogger. Born in Southern California, he has battled through injuries, disabilities, moves back and forth across the country, and more, yet still maintains a creative voice that he hopes to use not only to entertain but to inspire hope in even the darkest situations. He writes short stories and novels in several genres, and is also a seasoned journalist for the online magazine, On Request Magazine, as well as the popular site TheGamer. Having grown up reading the books of Dean Koontz and Stephen King, they inspired him to write new and exciting stories that delved into the minds of richly developed characters. He constantly tries to write stories that have never been told before, and to paint a picture in your mind while you are reading the book, as if you could see every scene of the book as if it were a movie you were watching. His stories will get your imaginations working, and will also show that in spite of the most despairing and horrific situations, hope is never out of reach. He am always writing, and so there will never be a shortage of new stories for your reading pleasure. http://www.authoranthonyavinablog.com