1) Tell us a little bit about yourself. How did you get into writing?
I don’t remember I time when I wasn’t a reader and writer, I’ve always had an obsession with books. I lived at my public library. In elementary school when the book fair would come around I’d always get more than all the other kids. One time I heard one of them say “I bet she doesn’t even read them all” Well I always did, and I still have them too haha.
2) What inspired you to write your book?
In my early thirties when I began to turn my life around, I wanted to write out all of my pain so I could not only get it out of my head but work through it piece by piece. It worked luckily
3) What theme or message do you hope readers will take away from your book?
I want to relate to people and hope they find solace in another person’s tale. I want them to know that I understand and accept and am always around to give a healing hug.
4) What drew you into this particular genre?
I thought I could help people
5) If you could sit down with any character in your book, what would you ask them and why?
I’d ask the wolf if I could hang out with him haha. He’s based on John Cleese & Belgarath the Sorcerer from David Eddings so how cool would that be?30% Off Kaplan AP Test Prep
6) What social media site has been the most helpful in developing your readership?
Instagram for sure. I’ve been connecting with so many lovely humans
7) What advice would you give to aspiring or just starting authors out there?
Go at your own pace and don’t put expectations on yourself. I thought “Sun” would be a huge novel at first, I got out eveything I wanted in a fraction of that.
8) What does the future hold in store for you? Any new books/projects on the horizon?
Yes! My creepy children’s poetry book, Gobbledygook, is currently being written and performed by me on YouTube. I find it more fun introducing it like that before it becomes a book. I want to be the next Shel Silverstein/Edward Gorey/Dr. Suess haha.
My second book, BYOFU (Be Your Own Fucking Unicorn), about mindfulness and coping will be coming out next year hopefully.
A graphic novel & a podcast are also in the works.
I’m also in an indie horror movie coming out in the fall.