1) Read. Reading other’s work or your own work is a great way to find inspiration.
2) Vent out your feelings and make it poetic after. It’s easier to write eloquently when you already know what you want to say.
3) Write often. Sometimes poorly written pieces give you inspiration for better ones. Never feel like you’re obligated to post your writing if you don’t want to.
4) Read “classical” poetry as much as modern. Poets like Poe and Bukowski offer different perspectives than what you may often find on Tumblr. Not that either is better than the other- but seeing writing in new light is always beneficial.
5) Appreciate classical works in general and draw inspiration from their diction.
6) If you’re not feeling inspired after everything, write anyway. It helps. Pick three random words and try to write a poem with them. Look up creative writing prompts. Even if it’s writing about your breakfast in a painfully metaphorical sense, it’s writing.
7) Write about things you haven’t experienced. Sometimes it’s interesting and mind-opening (within respectful reason of course). For example, write about going to space, or falling in love if you never have.
I’m not an author/professor/etc., but these are just some things that help me write.