5 Ways to Celebrate the 4th of July (Independence Day)
No, this is not a blog about celebrating Roland Emmerich’s hit film Independence Day. This is one humble writer’s opinions on how to best
celebrate the U.S. holiday, the 4th of July!
1) Go to the Lake: Do you live in a town or city that has a lake, either big or small? Then this could be the answer to your 4th of July
needs. Bring some of your favorite food and drinks, gather the people you want to celebrate with, and then sit lakeside, watching birds
and animals go by as you look into the sky and see a massive light show in the sky, (courtesy of fireworks of course).
2) Go the the Beach: This is similar to option one. If you live near a beach, you might want to spend your day and night here. Not only will
you get to lay out on the sand, eating and drinking with family or friends, but you’ll also have some awesome shops near the coast, as well
as a pier that will allow you to overlook the ocean and give you a beautiful glimpse of the fireworks overhead.
3) Amusement Parks: Whether you go for the big parks like Disneyland and Universal Studios, or you have a more local amusement park, fair, or
even a carnival, a day out with friends or family, going on rides, eating, drinking, and catching shows may be your path. Immersing yourself
among the crowds, listening to music and enjoying the sights of the park seem like a grand time. If you are a parent this might be fun too,
for your kids will love the rides, the sights, and the bright fireworks that go off at the end of the night, (unless you have babies or
little kids. Loud noises might upset them).
4) Live Concerts: Not a huge fan of fireworks or the outdoors, but still want to party? Then a concert might be for you. Pick a concert that
fits your favorite music genre, find a local venue hosting a 4th of July concert, and head to the celebration with your favorite people
surrounding you. There’s never a bad time to enjoy good music with a cold drink in your hand and your ear drums filled with your favorite
5) Home Barbeque: Not wanting to leave the house this 4th of July? Then this last option is for you. Crowds may be too much for you, and that’s
ok. Sometimes we need the comfort of home. So go to the store, grab your favorite food and drinks, and set up a nice barbeque at home. Put on
your favorite music, if you have a pool go swimming, get the grill fired up, and wait for the inevitable sound and sight of fireworks
bursting in the distance.
There you guys go. I’ve been an expert on option number 5, but I can assure you that these options all have the benefit of being fun, if you
are so inclined. Leave me your comments below telling me what you are doing this 4th of July, and send me your pictures or video from this
years celebrations! Everyone have a fun, safe holiday!