Hey guys, it’s been a while, and we have some juicy tidbits from Nintendo to share with you guys today.
1. Nintendo Unveils New Information about Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: A new and popular character from the recently released Super Mario 3D World game is heading to two of Nintendo’s biggest releases in 2014. That character is Rosalina, a new female character that Nintendo has brought to life and given fans a new adventurer to explore with. Nintendo has also launched NES Remix in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U, which allows the new system to reimagine 16 classic NES games.
2. Sonic Lost World: A new Nintendo-themed level based on Mario legend Yoshi is coming to the came. The level is titled Yoshi’s Island Zone is now available for free. The level will have Sonic racing through an island filled with pipes, coins, Shy Guys and Piranha Plants.
3. Dr. Luigi: Based upon the original game Dr. Mario, Dr. Luigi will follow Mario’s green clad brother in this new puzzle based game will have players line up color-coded pills to destroy viruses. The game will have various skill levels available, as well as multiplayer and Wii U GamePad compatibility and Dr. Mario Mode.
4. Wii Sports Club: Golf has become the third sport added to the Wii Sports Club lineup, which also features bowling and tennis. The new golf feature will have players set their Wii U GamePad controller on the floor in front of their TV’s. Players can use a Wii Remote Plus to swing at the ball on the ground, revealing breathtaking new gameplay and visually stunning graphics. Wii U owners can play a free 24-hour trial of Wii Sports Club, which lets players get a taste of all three sports. The trial offer will be available to everyone, even if you’ve sampled it before. A club pass will be available for purchase for the full golf game, allowing unlimited access for only $9.99.
5. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: Veteran Cranky Kong joins the list of playable characters Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong as Donkey Kong’s companions. Cranky Kong comes with his own set of special moves and actions that allow him to bounce off enemies and obstacles with his cane. If you collect 100 bannanas, you can execute a new move called the Kong-Pow, which turns all enemies on the screen into items. With Cranky Kong staring in a game now, the aptly-named Funky Kong will assist players by offering them items for trade in the game. The game will release February 21st 2014 in stores and the Nintendo eShop.
6. Bravely Default: A free demo of the 3DS game launches in the Nintendo eShop on January 2nd, 2014, but will be much more than an average demo, promises Nintendo. It will be an exclusive story filled with hours of gameplay and story not featured in the full game. The game will fully launch in the Nintendo eShop on February 7th for $39.99.
7. Kirby: Triple Deluxe: This game is a side-scrolling platformer, but players can move Kirby to the background and foreground to dodge enemies and solve puzzles. The game also includes more than 20 diffferent copy abilities, including four new ones created for this game.
8. Chibi-Robo! Photo Finder: This game has Chibi-Robo helping a mueseum get off it’s feet. Players will be given sillhoutes of items needed in the game, and then using the 3DS camera, will go into the real world and find those items, taking a picture of that item for the game.
9. Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter: Pokemon Bank is software that will allow players to store up to 3,000 Pokemon from the Pokemon X and Pokemon Y games. Poke Transporter is an application that lets players take the Pokemon that they have caught through the years and transfered from Pokemon Black and Pokemon White, as well as Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2, and transfer them into Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter will launch on December 27th. Players can download a 30 day trial version anytime between launch and January 31st, 2014. Following the trial, an annual usage fee will apply for Pokemon Bank. Anyone who accesses a Pokemon Bank box by September 30th, 2014 will receive the Pokemon Celebi as a special gift.
10. Yoshi’s New Island: The game will launch this spring, and will be produced by Takashi Tezuka, the creative force behind the original Yoshi’s Island for Super NES.