Hey there fellow gamers, this is Anthony Avina, and here is the top news from Nintendo this week.
1. New action-packed DLC was released for Pikmin 3 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U. It can be purchased for $1.99, and will feature four stages based on locations from the game’s story mode. Each stage is crawling with enemies, and each stage can be played either solo or cooperatively.
2. Nintendo has partnered up with PBteen to allow shoppers to take a break from shopping and enjoy the fun of the Wii U. Wii U consoles will be installed in various store locations in their lounge areas so that shoppers can play games like the upcoming Super Mario 3D World game for Wii U before it’s November 22nd launch date. Shoppers will also get ballots to fill out for a chance to win the Super Mario 3D World game and a Mario and Luigi Wii U Deluxe Set, which will include the console, GamePad controller and the New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U games on one disc. People who can’t make it to the stores can visit www.pbteen.com/wiiusweeps to enter a ballot.
3. Finally, Wii Sports Club willn ow have Tennis and Bowling available to download on the Wii U after their popularity in the original Wii Sports game, along with baseball, boxing, and golf. Tennis and Bowling are available in the Nintendo eShop now. Each sport will be released separately in the eShop as a download, and will feature HD graphics, enhanced controls with the Wii MotionPlus tech, and the much asked for online multiplayer versus mode.
Look to On Request Magazine for all the latest Nintendo news!
This past week, the highly anticipated game Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag was released in the U.S., and it was just as well done as the rest of the series. Full of lush, rich, and warm environments and an action-packed storyline filled with swashbuckling good times, this game is a true testament to the franchise.
Set as both a sequel and prequel to Assassins Creed III, the historical part of the game follows Edward Kenway, a pirate who is thrown into the secret war between the Templars and the Assassins. A man fueled by greed and a heart built for adventure, Edward lives and breaths the life of a pirate, looting cargo ships and towns for plunder and killing anyone who gets in his way. When he gets pulled into the life of the Assassins and Templars, Edward holds no allegiances other than his own, sticking to the pirate code.
The big improvements on this new entry in the series are very noticeable. First off, the naval system is by far the biggest improvement from Assassins Creed III. The improved firing system and the amazing weather mechanics that impact the steering of the ship make for some fun pirate adventures. This, along with the seamless transition between sailing and going onto land is wonderful, and then new ability to board an enemy ship is so much fun. You can also fire up to four guns in a row, unleashing all sorts of combinations while in combat. The warm environments of the Caribbean are beautiful to look at as well.
This, combined with the unique modern day tale that follows a researcher at Abstergo Industries Entertainment section, which allows you to find clues to the impact Desmond’s actions at the end of Assassins Creed III, this game is a must have this holiday season. Ubisoft once again unleashes a monster hit on the world, and we here at On Request Magazine give this game a 10/10. We look forward to seeing more from this amazing franchise.
It’s been a busy week for Nintendo. With the announcements of new game bundles and game systems, here is what happened this week in the Nintendo world.
1. A new bundle package was announced, with the Nintendo 3DS XL bundle pack launching on November 22nd, corresponding with the release of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. The hardware will keep the Zelda tradition alive by having a gold and black color scheme, which represent the two worlds Link travels between in the game.
2. Nintendo Video will launch a fresh lineup of new shows this fall, as a Nintendo 3DS application. Starting on November 1st, new short form videos that will continue into 2014. Five new series are planned, including The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, and Pikmin 3. Those who have already downloaded the application from the Nintendo eshop will automatically get the new shows on their devices. Other shows include Bravest Warriors, Wildheart Riukiu, and Bee and PuppyCat.
3. Nintendo announced some great Wii U deals. Starting on November 1st, Nintendo launched a new low price of $29.99 for Nintendo Land, a new Wii U bundle that will include the New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U on one disc for $299.99, a Wii Fit U free trial between now and January 31st, 2014, and new Mario and Luigi themed Wii Remote Plus controllers for the Wii and Wii U, starting at $39.99. Also launching November 15th, a new Skylanders Swap Force Wii U bundle with a starting price of $299.99 will launch. It will include an assortment of Skylanders extras, including a White Wii U basic set, a Skylanders Swap Force starter pack, and a Nintendo Land game disc, and much more.
4. Finally, Nintendo is launching the Wii mini console in the U.S. for a low price of $99.99. It will play the entire library of 1300 Wii games. It will be matte black with a red border, and will come with the Mario Kart Wii game, a red Wii remote plus controller, and a red nunchuk controller. It should come out sometime in mid November.