Hey guys, check out this fun new trailer from Nintendo and Olympic slopestyle snowboarder Jamie Anderson!
Hey guys, it’s that time of week again. Here is On Request Magazine’s Weekly Update on Nintendo’s latest headlines.
1. Norwegian Cruise Line and Nintendo have expanded their partnership to allow the latest Wii U games fleet wide, along with the newest video game consoles in all ships’ atriums and youth and teen centers. Also, the new HD Wii U systems will be featured at various competitions and events on board each individual ship. The cruise line first partnered up with Nintendo in 2007, and will having upcoming games for all ages, including The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Walker HD, a high-definition re-release of one of Nintendo’s flagship video games, Super Mario 3D World, which will include the first multiplayer 3D Mario game for Wii U, and Pikmin 3.
2. In anticipation of the upcoming Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, Nintendo is releasing Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games on November 15th for the Wii U console. The game will include beloved characters from both Mario and Sonic games, including Princess Peach and Tails as they compete in the winter games, such as snowboarding, and over-the-top Dream Events that only a video game can create.
3. Nintendo is bringing the Nintendo Network ID and Miiverse to the Nintendo 3DS this December as part of a system update. This will combine the Nintendo eShop account balance of users and the 3DS. This will connect the Wii U to the 3DS, giving players a chance to use the current balance on either account to purchase either a Wii U item or 3DS item.
4. Nintendo is hosting a launch event on November 21st for three of their upcoming games due out this holiday season. Those games include Super Mario 3D World for Wii U, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and Mario Party: Island Tour for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. The event will be hosted at Nintendo World in Rockefeller Plaza in New York. The games will be available to purchase there starting at 8 p.m. ET, a day before launch in stores and in the Nintendo eShop. Also, chalk artist Chris Carlson will be on hand to showcase some important artwork from The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.
5. Between November 25th and December 22nd, Nintendo will be giving people across America a chance to take a break from shopping for the holidays and will be visiting over 23 malls coast to coast. This event will allow shoppers to try out the latest games for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS systems. The lineup for Wii U includes Super Mario 3D World, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Wii Sports Club, The Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, Sonic Lost World from SEGA, Disney Infinity from Disney Interactive, Batman: Arkham Origins from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, and Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist, Assassins Creed IV Black Flag, Just Dance 2014, and Rayman Legends from Ubisoft.
Nintendo’s 3DS lineup will include Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Super Mario 3D Land, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Mario & Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Mario Party: Island Tour, Mario Kart 7, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y, Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Skylanders SWAP Force from Activision, and Sonic Lost World from SEGA.
Follow the link below to check out the full list of locations across the country.